Commercial Account Executive/ Producer
Posted Date: Apr. 10, 2013
Job Number: 1111
My client is looking to add a strong commercial account executive/producer to their team in the downtown area.
- Actively identifies and pre-qualifies sales/revenue opportunities to achieve assigned revenue growth targets. Qualifies all prospects on follow-up as a condition to quote.
- Develops and produces new accounts with an emphasis on industry and/or lines of business where they have established a strong client value proposition. May work one-on-one with prospects or be a team member assigned for proposals on large prospects.
- Capitalizes on client referrals and policy penetration opportunities that support annual activity targets.
- Maintains and services accounts as required to ensure client needs are met by reviewing cover needs, gathering underwriting information, answering inquiries and co-ordinating the efforts of appropriate Broking and Service staff.
- Provides information and advice to the Broking team for the preparation of submissions. May review submissions with Broking team if required.
- Transfers small accounts to appropriate Account Managers and teams to increase capacity for new business development.
- Reviews quotes and suitability of coverage options with Broking team and presents best options that meet the specific clients’ needs.
- May obtain order from the client and arrange premium payment and/or financing within corporate guidelines. With some clients, this step may be delegated to the Service team.
- On new business, where confirmed by the client, instructs Broking team to bind coverage to insurer and Service team to bind coverage to client.
- May send or deliver binding documents and policies directly to clients.
- Directs Service teams on client or account queries where appropriate to ensure timely issuance of documentation and proper client servicing.
- Maintains a high level and technical relationship with clients.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to Sales and Service team members.
- Ensures client documentation (i.e. Account Executive’s records of phone conversations with clients, pertinent e-mails, etc.) is saved correctly in TAM and/or the shared drive.
- Develops rapport, entertains clients and attends client or industry social functions to ensure retention of accounts and to obtain leads.
- Ensures professional competence and keeps abreast of changes within the industry by maintaining internal and external contacts, attending relevant seminars and reviewing written industry material.
- Follows policies and procedures, including compliance, privacy and client security procedures, as set out on the Company Intranet and as amended from time to time.
- Assists Claims and Finance Departments in their dealings with clients as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Insurance designation (CAIB, CIP, FCIP, CRM, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of insurance industry experience and verifiable new client development experience.
- Broad knowledge of all classes of insurance.
- Sales and negotiation skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Accountable self-starter with proven sales activity skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple files simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and TAM. Knowledge of PowerPoint an asset.
- Ability to travel locally and within province to visit clients as required. Out-of-province or out-of-country travel may also be required.
Please contact Honey Wahi at 416 868 6711 ext 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. If you are working with another DGA Careers Recruiter, feel free to inquire with them about this role directly.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers, specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.
Company type: Recruiting Consultants
Job type: Permanent
RIBO, RIBO College, University Degree
Minimum experience required: 3 to 4 Years
Back to job listing