My client is looking to add a senior casuality underwriter to their team.
- Production and underwriting of profitable new and renewal casualty business across Canada to support global programs
- Ensure all accounts are underwritten and structured with full regard to risk and profitability
- Ensure files are well documented and comply with company and department standards
- Relationship management with Home Office and Regional personnel
- Identify cross-selling opportunities;
- Grow target business and increase profitability
- Risk assessment and development of underwriting solutions
- Strong sales skills and to Make a minimum of one marketing call per week.
- Minimum 5 years primary casualty underwriting experience, handling both large and small complex liability commercial risks (auto liability an asset).
- Knowledge of global programs an asset
- Some College/University
- CIP/FCIP designation an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong marketing skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage work load effectively, especially during times of high activity and tight time lines
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines, as well as in a team oriented approach to accomplish goals
- Ability to efficiently solve problems
- Confident knowledge of systems and PC applications (Windows, Outlook, MSWord and Excel and database administration)
Please contact Honey Wahi at 416 868 6711 ext 223 or email@example.com for further details. If you are working with another DGA Careers Recruiter, feel free to inquire with them about this role directly.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers, specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.