Business Developer/Senior Business Developer/Marketing Representative
Our clients are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance, focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of annuities and supplemental insurance products.
The Client's Property and Inland Marine Division writes policies in Canada and USA and does business with more than 2,000 independent brokers/agents.
- · Has responsibility for developing a productive agency plant / territory. Develops marketing plan for assigned territory, taking into consideration the strengths and weaknesses of the broker plant / territory and competitors, divisional objectives and overall market conditions. Prospects, appoints and manages broker relationships to achieve production and profitability objectives. May develop and execute action plans for achieving individual broker objectives. Reviews and analyzes brokers' production and results. Implements and may recommend appropriate corrective measures; including appointment, modification or cancellation of brokers. Acts as a liaison between company and producer in solving problems.
- · Markets company products and services to existing and prospect brokers. Interprets and explains products, facilities, practices and services. Gathers, analyzes and maintains competitive information. Makes appropriate recommendations based on competitive landscape.
- · Has responsibility for profit-oriented risk selection / rejection and pricing decisions within designated authority on complex to significantly complex multi-line risks. Monitors aggregate quality and pricing for book of business in assigned territory. Uses independent judgment and initiative to achieve business goals. Maintains a high level of customer service. Binds risks in field, within level of authority, and performs risk appraisals. May take an active role, as needed, for large and / or complex accounts during upstart or critical periods in order to assist agents in producing business.
- · Has responsibility for building and maintaining effective business relationships with internal and external customers and coworkers in order to attract and retain profitable business. Ensures consistency across the team when communicating with brokers.
- · Administers and applies insurance laws and regulations and as appropriate, underwriting rules, guidelines and rating manual rules.
- · Identifies opportunities for and may spearhead development of new business and programs.
- · Builds and maintains relationships with existing London markets, as appropriate, to assist in placements
- · Leads the work of others (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and reviews assignments).
Near Go Train station
- · Must have a minimum of 7 years experience Commercial Underwriting, prospecting and soliciting Commercial Property and Inland Marine business.
- · Performs work under limited supervision and technical direction. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works with significant latitude and authority on assignments of higher technical complexity.
- · Position requires frequent day and sometimes overnight travel, to visit brokers. Some overnight away-from-home is required when visiting brokers in Quebec and Maritimes.
- · Must have strong communication skills to build and leverage excellent customer relationships and to successfully market products and services.
- · Must have strong hands-on experience with various computer systems including rating systems, MS Word and Excel, Outlook, etc.
- · May be in the process of obtaining or may have already completed certification in area of expertise; appropriate certifications could include CIP, FCIP, CRM, CAIB.
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner
Insurance, Property Casualty Insurance
Company type: Recruiting Consultants
Job type: Permanent
CIP, CIP Partial Completion, CIP Agents License, CIP Partial Completion Post Secondary Education, CIP Partial Completion Other Licences, CIP Partial Completion RIBO, CIP Secondary School Diploma, FCIP, FCIP - Partial Completion, FCIP University Degree, Insurance License, CRM, CAIB, University Degree CIP, University Degree CIP Partial Completion, University Degree Diploma, University Degree University Degree
Underwriting, Underwriting - Commercial, Underwriting - Property, Underwriting - Property/Casualty, Underwriting-Casualty, Underwriting - Umbrella, Underwriting - Marine, Underwriting - Management
Minimum experience required: 7 to 10 Years
Back to job listing