MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Risk assessment, PML evaluation, rating, and coverage analysis of insurance risks within the limits and current underwriting guidelines as established and as authorized.
- Authorizes and accepts Property, Engineering and Casualty insurance risks within the authority delegated.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise on the various underwriting programs of the company.
- Refers all risks outside of your level of authority and/or expertise of underwriting for approval to the Assistant Vice President, Underwriting or, in his/her absence, Vice President, Underwriting.
- Offers alternative terms and conditions on risks which are presented at terms unacceptable to the company.
- Provides information and advice to brokers on matters within your competence.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Vice President, Engineering, reviews and assesses engineering reports on new and/or existing accounts in determining risk quality, recommendations / comments for risk improvement and PML.
- Reviews manuscript policy wordings (draft or final) and provides the brokers with recommendations and/or comments for wording improvement.
- Assesses and approves risk changes on existing accounts and assesses claims activity.
- Builds and maintains business rapport with clients and prospects.
- Develops new desirable sources of business.
- Promotes the company's services and facilities and provides information and advice to clients.
- Monitors market conditions and activities of the company's existing and potential clients and competitors and reports to management as may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial property and casualty insurance experience.
- Bi-lingual, French/English.
- Working knowledge of Quebec based brokers.
- Will be living in Toronto area willing to travel extensively to Montreal and Quebec City, approximately once a month for a few days.
- Enrolled in CIP and or working towards FCIP.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated organization skills and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong ability to handle sensitive information requiring confidentiality and exercise judgment on matters requiring urgent attention.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to work independently, maintain composure under pressure, manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work.
- Business and general insurance acumen.
- Adaptability and Flexibility.
Interested candidates, please contact Dan Canfield @ email@example.com or 1-877-484-6711. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please speak with them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.
Company type: Recruiting Consultants
Job type: Permanent
CIP Partial Completion
Underwriting - Property/Casualty
Minimum experience required: 5 to 6 Years
Back to job listing