Our Client, a Property/Casualty Insurance Company, has a vacancy for a Commercial Insurance Production Underwriter in their Mississauga, Ontario, office or in your own home-office in Ottawa, Ontario.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a desire to make a significant growth and profit contribution to the Commercial Department The primary responsibility of a Production Underwriter is to meet or exceed the commercial growth and profit goals for your assigned brokers.
- Liaise between Company and assigned brokers through face-to-face visits at least 2 days a week, and other mediums of contact, to produce and underwrite profitable new Commercial Property /Casualty business within service standards in accordance with company guidelines and within assigned authority.
- Market the company’s Commercial Insurance products and services to brokers through presentations.
- Ensure that the renewal underwriters and underwriting assistants issue new business, renewals and endorsements accurately and within service standards with the appropriate wordings, schedules, and certificates attached.
- Develop and maintain strong broker relationships.
- Analyze and evaluate results and use individual/collaborative judgment to maintain profit and growth.
- Communicate results, outstanding issues and opportunities to the Director of Commercial Insurance.
- Record underwriting information for the purpose of evaluation, assessment, and profitability.
- Negotiate Facultative Reinsurance and process as required, within assigned authority and maintain facultative closings and certificates.
- Assist with training and coaching of other staff as required.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in commercial Property/Casualty underwriting including senior-level experience in this area.
- Strong product knowledge, and the ability to make sound underwriting decisions while managing mid-market, complicated accounts.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, superb time management and organizational skills and strong negotiation and sales skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license. Ability to travel overnight, on occasion.
- Accountability, customer-centric thinking, teamwork and a commitment to excellence.
This position has a very competitive salary, good benefits including Pension Plan, Company Car and a very attractive Bonus Plan, based on Premium Growth & Audit Score.
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Mike Fellion, FCIP at 416-868-6711 Ext. 225 or toll free 1-877-868-6711 Ext 225 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant who meets the job requirements and qualifications in a timely manner.
Property Casualty Insurance
Company type: Recruiting Consultants
Job type: Permanent
CIP Partial Completion, CIP
Underwriting - Property/Casualty, Underwriting - Commercial
Minimum experience required: 7 to 10 Years
Back to job listing