Our client is a global leader in providing reinsurance and risk management solutions, and is seeking a Facultative Casualty Underwriting Specialist to join their Toronto operations. This is a technically-oriented role ideally suited to a Casualty expert experienced with large, international accounts who excels at Casualty coverages, terms, conditions, limitations etc.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Facultative Underwriting, the Underwriter is responsible for the marketing and underwriting of facultative casualty business for the area covered by Head Office.
- Underwrites facultative casualty business in accordance with the company's guidelines and philosophy and within the limits authorized by the head of the department.
- Evaluates submissions, assesses and rates risks and performs all necessary underwriting functions in order to accept or decline risks and offers alternative terms and conditions on risks, which are presented at unacceptable terms to the company.
- Refers all accounts outside of level of authority and/or expertise of underwriting for approval to the head of the department.
- Performs and assists in the performance of audits of ceding companies.
- Negotiates and participates in negotiations within the company and with clients.
- Reviews and approves policy wordings and signs facultative reinsurance certificates and endorsements.
- Promotes the company's products, services and facilities and maintains and/or builds business relationships with cedents and provides information and advice to cedants on matters of his/her competence.
- Participates in client contact and development.
- Maintains contact with the industry in general by attending industry functions on a regular basis.
- Monitors market conditions and the activities of the company's existing and potential Casualty cedents and reinsurance competitors and reports to Management as needed.
- Ensures that fast and efficient service is provided to our clients.
- Handles and issues facultative closing, binders, quotations, cover notes, endorsements, renewals and checks monthly automatic bordereau.
- Keeps the Heads of department informed of department's activities.
- Prepares reports as may be required.
- 10 to 15 years senior casualty underwriting of commercial business.
- Excellent analytical, negotiating and investigative competencies.
- CIP/FCIP an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer ability and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Business and general insurance acumen.
- Adaptability and Flexibility.
Interested candidates, please contact Mark Thom at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-868-6711 ext. 226. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please speak with them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.
Company type: Recruiting Consultants
Job type: Permanent
Minimum experience required: 11 or more Years
Back to job listing