Our client is an established, multi-location brokerage in Northern Ontario which has undergone substantial growth over the past several years. As a result of this growth, they are looking for a Team Leader for their Fort Frances office. They are ideally seeking someone who is looking to relocate to the area, and are prepared to pay relocation expenses. The ideal candidate is someone originally from Northern/Northwestern Ontario who is looking to return to the area and is currently in a brokerage leaderhsip role.
We are seeking a Team Leader in our Fort Frances office. The successful candidate will provide training, coaching, and mentoring to employees to offer our clients exceptional service. The role will also be responsible for providing assistance to brokers with respect to a book of business, provide service to clients and liaise with insurance companies, demonstrate the ability to work confidently in a fast-paced environment, and will be an effective communicator with both clients and staff. Your positive outlook and professionalism are prerequisites to work with our dynamic team.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Responsible for motivating and monitoring the Client Service Brokers productivity
· Working with Managment to, implements ongoing employee evaluations, training and development activities to ensure service standards are met
· Ensure underwriting practices and procedures are effectively understood, reinforced, and in compliance (e.g. policy changes, renewals, etc.)
· Responsible for handling the day-to-day client file activity for insurance accounts, including inbound calls, organizing and maintaining files, and developing commercial opportunities
· Preparing pre-qualification letters and confirmations of insurance
· Provide exceptional ongoing service to clients
· Miscellaneous duties as required, special projects, research, etc.
· Obtain required continuing education credits
· Minimum of 3 years' relevant insurance or industry related experience with previous supervisory experience required
· RIBO License required; CAIB, CIP designations an asset
· Commercial Insurance experience an asset
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to multi-task between a variety of tasks, projects, and deadlines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work well with minimum supervision in a team environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Experience with Powerbroker an asset
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, customer service and time management skills